Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ranin
Employee
Employee

Power BI Custom Visuals' Community

Welcome to Power BI Custom Visuals Community!

Power BI custom visuals is all about community.  We are very excited to announce that custom visuals now have a special place in the Power BI community site, to share knowledge, ideas and news!

Power BI custom visuals useful links for developers

141 REPLIES 141
oscarmu

Hi,

I've built a solution to show the actual and the target. These numbers are in %. Then, the visual calculates the KPI status comparasion doing the percentage between both values but not the differente.

For example:

Value: 80%

Target: 90%

Expected comparision value: 80%-90%=-10%

Here how the dashboard does the calculation: (80-90) / 90 = -11%

Do you know if the calculation method can be changed?

Thanks

ericcampos

Hi everybody, 

I've recently created a custom visual that displays revenue produced over a 5 year period segregated by a certain company's assets.

The visual shows the variance year over year as well as the overall trend of revenue.

Ani017

I'm using Drilldown Choropleth Custom map visual by Microsoft. I'm adding state value in it but it's not showing anything, even in format section of visual I'm getting only General section. Can anyone help in this?

VikramRavichand

Hi everyone, 
i just started my carrier as junior developer.
Having doubts in powerbi visual development. i am developing the dhtmlx gantt chart as powerbi visual.
can anyone help me on this?

id013
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

I created a dashboard that utilizes the chiclet slicer v1.6.3. I have it deployed on a PBI Service environment and I just noticed that when I hover over the slicers it now shows a tooltip? However I don't see any way to actually configure a tooltip in the visual settings. Am I missing something here? 

Thanks

Seems to be resolved now as I no longer see the tooltip 🙂  

aekw

I am working on a power BI project that requires the network navigator visual, I have about 3000 nodes and whenever I reach the 1000 mark the dashboard stops updating. I updated the Max nodes in the layout accordingly and I can also see the hard limit set in the github repo has been increased to 30000. I was wondering if I could get some help on this. Is it possible that the visual on the microsoft store has not been updated to accept the new value of 30000. Thanks

Wesleyvanv
Frequent Visitor

Hi Community / @Ranin ,

Lately we encounter issues with the Text Filter Visual from Microsoft. You need to type in twice the text you are searching for before it actually works. Is this a known bug that is being looked at?

Wesleyvanv_0-1682512906193.png

Hi, indeed the first time I type in text, it empties itself.

Changing the text afterward however works fine.

Other issue, I'm merging multiple related PBI into one.

I use "Text Filter" in multiple pages, each using their own query. For some reason the search seems broken now, always returning the full dataset. That visualization doesn't have any "Sync slicer" options, so this seems very weird.

Do you know of any alternative visual?

OK I did some more troubleshooting

It seems that copy/pasting between Power BI's broke the field config, simply removing it and selecting back the same field fixed it. 😑

Joachim_92

Hi Ranin,

I would like to request for your advice on creating a custom visuals with details shown in the cut_out image shown below. I was wondering if there are any visuals which is able to produce the kind of visuals as shown.

Note: Any other ways or ideas are welcomed.

Joachim_92_0-1682484571114.png

Regards,

Jo.

Anshika_26

Hi Team,

I am Anshika & have just started working with deneb for creating custom visuals, I wanted to know if deneb is not helpful around bigger size dataset ,more specifically if the column has bigger number of unique values to create custom visuals with or they can be included to create something meaning with the help of deneb.

pls help if anybody could be able to.

Thanks!!

lucascoelho94
Regular Visitor

Good Afternoon, 

I have one problem wiht the "table" graphs. For exemple: 

From the table "costs" i have one cloumn called "Proyecto". 

lucascoelho94_2-1678112696423.png

From the table "Lecturas", I also have a column called "Proyecto".

lucascoelho94_5-1678112828419.png

The problem is:  When I select the proyecto at the first "graph" (Alibar in this exemple), the second graph still showing all the projects. Can somewone help me please? 

Do you have a relationship created between those two tables? If one has unique values, you can create 1:m relationship. Or maybe you have a separate table with the 'Proyecto' unique items which you can use as a dimension and create relationships to the other two tables..

Hussain
Helper I
Helper I

I want to format the Timeline 2.4.0 in my themes.json file and import that theme in my other reports too. The problem is I don't know the properties of this custom visual. I don't want to format this timeline control with the visual level formatting options since there will be a lot of repetition to reproduce the same effect in other reports. Can somebody help me with that?

Here is the link of that custom visual: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/wa104380786?tab=overview&exp=...

AakashMarasini
Frequent Visitor

I am trying to modify the enhanced scatter open source to create a matrix with a bubble with 2 categorical data as x and y-axis, and one measure as bubble size. Could anyone please suggest how to deal it with?
https://github.com/microsoft/powerbi-visuals-enhancedscatter

Thanks!

cvalarcon
Helper I
Helper I

Hi community,

I need to modify the format of the date in the charticulator like dd/mm/yy.

I already change the Tick format in Data as {%d/%m/%y}  

cvalarcon_0-1675714150514.png

but when I SAVE the graph the Tick format is deleted and all date change to old format like this 

cvalarcon_1-1675714150330.png

Do you have what I have to do to fix this ?

Thanks

Katy_Y
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello!
I'd like to use Gantt 2.2.3, but I have miltiple levels in my projects' catalogue so I need a tree of projects. If I understant this correctly, this type of diargam allow to use only two levels: a child and one parent. Is it possible to add more than one parent to the diagram? How?

Thank you!

gantt.png

saikiransh
Employee
Employee

Hello,

I am using Sankey 3.0.3 custom visual. I have set Display Units as Millions in Data labels. But in tooltip, the formatting appears for some links and for some links it does not. Even the columns/measures used are formatted but that formatting does not appear in Sankey visual tooltip. 

YujiaWu

Hi, 

Does anyone have issues with the title space padding within the Horizontal Bar Chart v 1.5.7? The first bar is always cut in half by the tile regardless of the font size and bar settings. I wonder if there's a way to get around this.

YujiaWu_0-1669930908404.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning (AEST) we have noticed that the Chiclet Slicer from AppSource is causing glitching in the PowerBI Service. It is difficult to change the selection in the slicer and matrix visuals are flashing until this custom visual is removed from the page. I noticed a week ago that the visual had the below note on it:

Andrew277_0-1668382379863.png

I wondered if the issue is a result of the new version. Is this a known issue. Would be great to know when it will be fixed, in the meantime we are switching all reporting away from this visual back to the standard slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors