Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

erinabarrientos

Issues importing tabular model with relationships in Power BI Desktop

Hello everyone!

I'm encountering an issue when trying to import a tabular model in Power BI Desktop while preserving the original relationships. I've gone through similar questions in this forum, but I believe my situation has some nuances:

I've developed a tabular model where I've included several tables with relevant data. Within this model, I've established some relationships between the different tables. My goal is to import this tabular model into Power BI while retaining all the relationships I've defined. However, upon importing the tabular model, I lose these relationships, leading to different results compared to those obtained directly from the tabular model (using the live connection option).

I must use the import option since the reports I generate are published outside of my organization, which prevents me from directly connecting to the live tabular model.

My question is as follows: Is there any way to import a tabular model into Power BI while preserving the original relationships? If so, what are the necessary steps to achieve this?

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions you can provide.

Best regards,

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.