Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akshaybholee

you are viewing this app with sample data warning message

Hello guys,

I have been able to publish my power bi app to appsource together with microsoft team but now when i get the application from appsource on my power bi service, the warning message "you are viewing this app with sample data" always shows on the top of the app and this may be confusing for other users. The app i have published is  already refreshed to latest data. Do you know why this message is showing and how to stop it from showing?

see below the attached message:

akshaybholee_0-1637046228611.png

Thanks & kind regards,

Akshay

5 REPLIES 5
ilostmyadd
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Was there any solution on this warning message?   you are viewing this app with sample data

Same issue here - no solution?

akshaybholee

Hello Jay,

Thanks you for replying to my post.

In fact this app should be available for other people on appsource. They shouldn't know about the connect data as the app connects to our database. I can connect to the database as i know the credentials but tier user shouldn't know about it. The datasets are all in import mode and i have already refreshed the datasets but still getting this warning message which is not convenient for a tier user who may think that the app is showing only some data not all the data.

Thanks,

Akshay

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akshaybholee ,

You have created a template app? What will happen if you click the "connect your data"?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hello - we are running into a similar issue and are hoping there is a resolution.  We have a template app which we've developed, and it comes pre-loaded with a specific data set.  The idea is NOT that users are supposed to be able to load their own data; the template is designed to use this exact set of data. 

How can we configure this app so that the warning message (same message Akshay posted, "you are viewing this app with sample data") doesn't appear when they install?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors