Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

smahin
Frequent Visitor

visual interactions reset after in browser editing

Has anyone experienced visual interactions resetting after editing a report in browser? I have a number of reports with visual interactions customized, and all interactions reset to "filter" after an adjustment is made via in browser editing.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@smahin I cannot repproduce your issue. Are you sure you have customised your visual interaction then saved in power bi desktop and then published. Because for me visual interaction stayed as it was before even after i edited report in power bi service.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
saschia

We are experiencing the same problem. After going live with all new Dashboards in Power BI and presenting them to all employees we noticed this problem and no one is happy about this in our company. I am surprised to see that it has been noticed so long ago and it is still not solved. 

This is a MAJOR ISSUE!!! 

Please solve it and please let us know from Microsoft what's the planned date to have this solved.

Some extra information from us: we are creating a dataset from de Desktop and after publishing it on the cloud we begin with building reports on the cloud that are based on the published dataset. Visual interactions are randomly reset and we have no control on it. We actually cannot phase out our actual Dashboard application because of this big problem.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@smahin I cannot repproduce your issue. Are you sure you have customised your visual interaction then saved in power bi desktop and then published. Because for me visual interaction stayed as it was before even after i edited report in power bi service.

I'm having the exact same issue... 

In my case the report upload from pbix works fine, but if I edit that report and save it with another name the visual interations got all messed up.

This is very annoying because I want the end users to edit the published report.

Thanks

We also facing problems with the visual interactions. If we edit the visual interactions of the reports, so all interactions are set correctly, a while later the interactions are messed up again. Currently we do not see the directly cause of this problem. We also do not see a pattern when it is going wrong, but it is quite annoying that we edit the reports and fix the interactions, and when we sit together with the user the report is messed up again. Could you please do special investigation of the visual interaction in Power BI Service?

Hi,

I'm a little confused. Is the idea portal the place to notice bugs? I should expect a bug page but cannot find it. Is there a list of known bugs where you can post new bugs and follow the status of them?

Thanks

Saschia

Actually, there is a section dedicated to "issues":

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues

This link may or may not be visible at the top of the page depending on how you accessed the community site.

I am also having this same problem. Very frustrating as I expect these reports to be used by executives who have not fully bought into Power BI. Having unreliable report behavior is not acceptable. Can we remove the solution mark from this post as it's not solved?

@ankitpatira of course I cannot duplicate the issue either. I will monitor my active reports to see if this issue occurs again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors