Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RashmitaR
Helper IV
Helper IV

unable to schedule refresh using the Enterprise Gateway

We have installed the On Premise Gateway in an Azure Server, and configured the same in PowerBI site (refer screenshot below).

Untitled1.png

When I try to Schedule a Refresh for a Dataset, Power BI is asking me to install a Personal Gateway instead of recognizing the On Premise gateway which has been configured (refer screenshot).

Untitled2.png

We are unable to schedule refresh using the Enterprise Gateway. Please let us know how to go about this, and if we are missing any configuration. We can have a call tomorrow if possible to sort this out. Kindly let me know.

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RashmitaR,

Do you install pn premise gateway in you Azure VM? A lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.  It is a good general practice to make sure you are on the latest version.  If you haven't updated the gateway for a month, or longer, you may want to consider installing the latest version of the gateway and see if you can reproduce the issue.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

theBIbutler
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Couple of things:

1.  Server and Database definitely named the same in the Gateway Data Source and in the Power BI Desktop file?
  2.  Does the user definitely have access to the Gateway Data Source?gateway user.png

Cheers

Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors