Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nikospap
Regular Visitor

two accounts with same email

Hi there,

I started using the free trial of Power BI.

I asked from a vendor to share some reports with me and when they did, I clicked on the link and it duplicated my account,

So now I have two accounts with the same email.
In my original account I have everything I have developed so far and in the duplicate one only what was shared with me.

The weird thing is that in the duplicate one I can't do anything else apart from playing around with shared content.

I don't have the menu on the left.
Most probably I have greatly missed something so any any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Nikos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What has actually happened is the following:
1. The first place where you developed Power BI reports are in your own tenant.
2. When a person shared content with you, that exists in THEIR tenant, and what is why you cannot see the menu on the left.

The outcome is that you still only have one account, but you are accessing reports in your own tenant (where you can see the menu) and see reports in another vendors tenant.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What has actually happened is the following:
1. The first place where you developed Power BI reports are in your own tenant.
2. When a person shared content with you, that exists in THEIR tenant, and what is why you cannot see the menu on the left.

The outcome is that you still only have one account, but you are accessing reports in your own tenant (where you can see the menu) and see reports in another vendors tenant.

Power BI Blog

Thank you very much for your response Gilbert!

So I guess the only solution if I want to have a go with the underlying data of the reports shared with me, is to export the data from their tenant and import them in mine, right?

Hi there

You could potentially look at this which might now work for you, where you can edit and upload content in 2 different tenants

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-ad-b2b-guest-users-can-now-edit-and-manage-content-in...

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors