Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pikachu-Power
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

twice email when alert is triggerd

Hello everyone,

In power bi service it is not possible to add emails when an alert is triggered. It is recommended to configure it via power automate. So i did.

I have a very simple flow that sends an email to five different colleagues when a power bi alert is triggered: 

Unbenannt.PNG

At the beginning it runs without problems. But after some days everyone gets the emails twice (same email with the same alert). I dont see any possibility to change that. 

In power bi service i said for the alerts just one alert in 24 hours. So i suppose it must be a mistake in power automate?

Any help is appriciated.

12 REPLIES 12
Pikachu-Power
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

The flow is nothing special (no attachments or something else):

Unbenannt.PNG

Hi guys,

I've just tested it but sometimes encountered the issue, sometimes it did not happen.

May I know if anyone got the issue resolved yet?

Hi @Pikachu-Power !

Ok, so this is a data driven flow. So once data event is occuered it will trigger the flow.

Did you use this flow in your Power BI Service in aother step as well ? Please share how you configure Alert steps in Power BI Service.

I created a card in power bi desktop and put it on dashboard in service. And adjusted the warning:

Unbenannt.PNG 

Also no special things so far.

Hi @Pikachu-Power !

Yeah, i didn't noticed anything strange in both configurations. Let's try to run the flow manually to see if it sends 2 emails as well. You can do this by cliking on the flow & execute run.

Regards,

Hasham

Hi,

Yes I tried it manually two times... I always get two e-mails at the same time 😐

Hi @Pikachu-Power !

May be raise a ticket with Power Automate team, it seems wierd to get same email twice when running a flow only once.

Regards,

Hasham

No ideas from the Power Automate Team. Maybe this Alert concept should be revised in Power BI Service. Send an Alert to more colleages with power automate is associated with many problems. 

HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Pikachu-Power !

Did the users receives same Alert email at the exact time meaning both email 1 & email 2 arrives at exact same time. Or they arrive at different time but each day they have similar time of arrival.

Regards,

Hasham

In Power Automate the execution time is the same (same alert flow was executed twice). But the emails arrived one minute apart.

HI @Pikachu-Power !

It might be a possiblity that, flow is triggering twice first from with in Power BI Service when alert is generated & then later on in the second step where you triggered email flow.

Regards,

Hasham

Hi @Pikachu-Power !

Please post screen shot of your flow in Power Automate. It seems somehow the email frequency is modified.

Regards,

Hasham

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors