Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tamerlane
Helper I
Helper I

sync slicer not working on live pages?

Hi there,

I have published a report to the Power BI Service. In the report I have 3 sheets and use the sync slicer functionality. In the report it works great; when i filter on sheet 1, the other sheets get filtered too 🙂

However, I published the same report (3 sheets) as 3 live pages on a single dashboard. When i use a slicer on the first tile/live page, the other tiles/live pages are not filtered! 

Am I missing something here? Is it a bug or known limit due to how live pages work?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Tamerlane Are you aware that as of last month you can now share a report directly to end users? Sounds like this is a better use case for your situation if all you are doing is pinning all the live pages to a dashboard.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Tamerlane Since you are in the dashboard context, I wouldn't assume this would have worked at first glance. You could always create a case if you believe it should, or spin up an idea on the ideas section.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for the reply. I believe it should work if i pin my entire report on a dashboard, otherwise I see no reason to create a dashboard at all (even though most reports I have built are not pinned as live pages).

In the past I tried to fit that report on one sheet, tinkering with the resolution to expand it. But after publishing it to a dashboard Power BI somehow tries to autocorrect that strange resolution so I am left with a useless tile, see https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Custom-Report-Size-to-Dashboard/m-p/198472#M26851

@Tamerlane Are you aware that as of last month you can now share a report directly to end users? Sounds like this is a better use case for your situation if all you are doing is pinning all the live pages to a dashboard.

I did not, thanks!

Hi,

Has there been any update on this? I'm having the same issues. While its great you can share reports directly with end users. One report does not fit the amount of data I need on my dashboard. I need the live pin on the dashboard to sync with the other pins. Does anyone know if this is possible?

The slicer works across the report level where I have my visuals and live report. How can I get this to work on the Dashboard? Please advise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors