Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

faludigabor
Frequent Visitor

share a copy report

Hi ,

I have a content pack  shared in the org. My colleague has created a copy of my report and amended it .

Now he should share it back w/ us but he cannot share the report via the content pack . 

Any ideas please ?

Tx,

Gabor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi faludigabor,

A copy of the report or dashboard in a content pack can’t be shared directly. And only the creator of the content Pack could update the contents and then re-publish it (Update). See: Manage, update, and delete organizational content packs in Power BI

To work around your scenario, first we could suggest your colleague to pin the Amended copy of the report page to a new dashboard, then share the new dashboard with the group. After that, content pack creator update the original content pack according to the changes with the shared dashboard, then update that content pack. It should work in this way.

Share a dashboard with colleagues and others

By the way, the copy of the reports or dashboards can’t be seen under the available item when creating content packs.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi faludigabor,

A copy of the report or dashboard in a content pack can’t be shared directly. And only the creator of the content Pack could update the contents and then re-publish it (Update). See: Manage, update, and delete organizational content packs in Power BI

To work around your scenario, first we could suggest your colleague to pin the Amended copy of the report page to a new dashboard, then share the new dashboard with the group. After that, content pack creator update the original content pack according to the changes with the shared dashboard, then update that content pack. It should work in this way.

Share a dashboard with colleagues and others

By the way, the copy of the reports or dashboards can’t be seen under the available item when creating content packs.

Regards

hey, 

its not ideal , but I ended up giving up on this. 

thanks anyways

g.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@faludigabor Amended copy of content pack that your user has created he should be able to publish it as a content pack and call it [username]EditedCopy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors