Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"We cannot convert the value null to type List"

Hi,

My company uses ConnectWise Sell Intel and a default template that they provide. The instructions from their documentation was to set it up in PowerBI desktop, then publish it to the web version. This works and the data can be refreshed for about a day. After, the refresh fails with the following error:

Processing error: We cannot convert the value null to type List.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: ee6c22f5-33cc-47bf-bf9e-5452034b0f5e
Request ID: 49e750fd-7e3f-608a-9b06-36a7e3f87703
Time: 2021-12-27 22:48:19Z

Oddly enough, the refresh does work every once in a while but will then fail again. It does not appear to be a credential issue (given the error above). And, refreshing the data from the PowerBI desktop appears to work every time. I suspect there is some issue with the template and its fields and how that translates to the web version.

This is my time working with PowerBI so need help in trying to track down which specific null field may be causing the issue, why it happens if the field is null, and how to prevent it.

(note: After checking with ConnectWise support, they deferred to PowerBI support, but since my Pro trial doesn't allow dealing with a rep, figured I'd ask here).

Here is a link to the .ZIP that contains the .pbit file

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can't authenticate in the pbit you provided. Please have a try. Download the pbix on the Service and then open it on the Power BI Desktop. Try to refresh it. See if an error is reported.

It should be a conflict about the format of the data in the data source and powerbi. If possible, I suggest you to check in detail whether there is a null value in the text format column.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors