Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dchen
Helper I
Helper I

"Export Data" Option is missing from Reading View

"Export Data" Option is not appearing in the top right corner for the majority of my first page visuals. User needs to have an export to Excel option for the data.

This issue is occuring in Power BI service and not the Desktop app. The first page has multiple visuals, but none of them use data from multiple tables. The "Export Data" option also appears for me when I go into Edit view. Permissions seem to be correct, as the option is working for the second page visual and one of the visuals on the first page. 

Any ideas on why most of these visuals on the first page aren't displaying the "Export Data" option? Any advice much appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bipinp
Regular Visitor

I faced similar issue with Table visual. Issue is because of header Icon was 'off' for the table in Format section.

bipinp_0-1673435947486.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
bipinp
Regular Visitor

I faced similar issue with Table visual. Issue is because of header Icon was 'off' for the table in Format section.

bipinp_0-1673435947486.png

Oh my gosh, this seemed to solve my issue. Thank you much! 

CC: @safifaruqi just in case.

Thanks @dchen !! Seems like this is a enw feature, this option wasnt there last year haha. Thanks for notifying! 

rama_pitchai
Frequent Visitor

Facing the same issue... Export data option is not showing for table and matrix visuals in powerbi services.. for the rest of the visuals it's available. any suggestions?

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @dchen ,

if you can or cannot export the underlying data depends if the user has the build permission:

Build permission for shared datasets - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

The permission can be set by user individually or by AD group.

Also be aware that you can disable the export in the report itself:

selimovd_0-1619108211331.png

So you might have to check both options.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

@selimovd 

I am havving the same issue, its not a report setting issue as its only happening on certain visuals while other visuals are working find and the user can export as needed. In the report settings, the user are 'Allowed'  to export and summarize. 

How can on the same report and tab, one visual displays the export/ellipses/focus mode options when one hoovers the cursor while anothe visual does not ?

@selimovd  also this only happen in webservice and not the PBIX

Hello @safifaruqi 

If it is a custom visual then you have to contact the builder and ask to allow the export option And all the visuals don't support the export data option.

IF MY SOLUTION HELPED YOU PLEASE DO HIT A LIKE AND ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION IF IT SOLVES YOUR ERROR!

Hi @NimaiAhluwalia  

Thank you for the reply.  

It is not a custom visual and I can see the option to export et al. in the PBIX file just not in the webservice only for specific visuals. 

Thanks for everyone's reply! I seem to be having the exact same issue as safifaruqi.
I don't think it's permissions or custom visual issue either...

@dchen  Seems like we might have to log a ticket with microsoft 

@safifaruqi Hi! Out of curiousity, did Microsoft end up resolving your ticket?

@dchen no my friend nothing. I am still trying to figure it out but no luck. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors