Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Couldn't load the data for this visual" Composite Model Dataset. Please help!

I have a problem with the reports based on a Composite model where it works ok for me but my users experience an error.

The story:

I have a power bi dataset bases on dataflows. (Masterfile). I have a lot of reports connecting live to that dataset.

Now I added a Composite model to my Masterfiel (DirectQuery to AS- PowerBI Dataset) to another powerbi dataset in the same workspace ("Health Status") :

olgaia_0-1623077151379.png

In my reports that are connecting to the Masterfile, I added a visual that only uses information from the "Health Status".

It works perfectly for me and other admins.

My end users can see the visuals based on Mastefile data but not the visual based only on "Health Status" data. They see an error "Couldn't retrieve the data for the visual". We are using modern Workspaces and users have build permission on the "Health Status" dataset 

Please advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured out what exactly was the reason for some users not being able to see the report with the composite model. Turns out that only the users for whom "
Allow XMLA endpoints and Analyze in Excel with on-premises datasets" is enabled, can see the full report without problems. Others get an error.

This is a problem for my organization because I can't grant this right to all users and makes the feature completely useless for us. 

If you could transfer this feedback to the development team, I would really appreciate it.
@v-henryk-mstf 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured out what exactly was the reason for some users not being able to see the report with the composite model. Turns out that only the users for whom "
Allow XMLA endpoints and Analyze in Excel with on-premises datasets" is enabled, can see the full report without problems. Others get an error.

This is a problem for my organization because I can't grant this right to all users and makes the feature completely useless for us. 

If you could transfer this feedback to the development team, I would really appreciate it.
@v-henryk-mstf 

Hi @Anonymous ,

For your questions, I will provide feedback to the Microsoft official in time. I will let you know if there is any update.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-henryk-mstf it is a consistent issue. I tried again and this is the error message: Activity ID: e13860cd-8be2-49e5-b237-025805f807be
Request ID: a58507f7-8ffd-ccbb-3d14-de45847c591c
Correlation ID: 8518e075-bd21-e260-fab4-7a75df326b53
Time: Thu Jun 10 2021 11:21:51 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Service version: 13.0.16158.72
Client version: 2105.4.06405-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-i-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The error you mentioned here is usually a transient issue, which I think might be related to the Data Source connection. Please try it again and see what happens.

If the problem is still not resolved, please let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors