Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DickMcMullen
Frequent Visitor

"Can't save dataflow. Operation could not complete because a newer version of this dataflow was..."

Cannot save query as a dataflow that executes successfully in the desktop.  This query and the function it calls combines several CSVs from a SharePoint store into one dataset containing roughly 800K rows.  The query editor croaks with this error:  Can't save dataflow. Operation could not complete because a newer version of this dataflow was saved since you started editing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DickMcMullen
Frequent Visitor

Resolved.  I am happy to report that this issue disappeared this morning with no changes to the query.  All is well. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Zoubeyr
Frequent Visitor

Hello,
Issues related to modifying, refreshing, validating, saving, exporting and even cancelling refreshes on Dataflow are still ongoin years later, let's face it, it's impractical !! 
For most of users, these issues end up disappearing mysteriously, but whenever they appear it's hours, maybe days of work lost and that's just unacceptable.

With my frustrated but kind regards,

wesentadesse99
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing a similar situation.

wesentadesse99_0-1692719992857.png

mlong
Advocate I
Advocate I

I just ran into this issue and am now stuck in dataflow purgatory where I can't get linked sources to refresh or edit a dataflow to remove the linked source.

StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Anyone get to the bottom of this - I'm getting this with an "unknown exception".

bak7
Frequent Visitor

i have the same issue. did anyone solved it somehow?

DickMcMullen
Frequent Visitor

Resolved.  I am happy to report that this issue disappeared this morning with no changes to the query.  All is well. 

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have this issue too... Alas, if I close the dataflow, all my work goes down the drain...

The same happens to me

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors