Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Analyze Popular Stocks" Template App - Can I get the model behind?

Is there a way to get the model behind the "Analyze Popular Stocks" Template App so I can change the stocks to the ones I am interested on?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Teddyb
Employee
Employee

I am afraid there is no way to update the stocks list beond the popular ones which are out-of-the-box. Vote in ideas if you are missing this feature, please.

View solution in original post

Teddyb
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous - good news! I just finished updating the template app and published it to allow input of tickers using dataset parameters. After refresh you will then see: "Custom tickers":

Teddyb_0-1622139678519.png

Did you add your own tickers to dataset parameters? It only shows up if you added a ticker which is not included. The documentation to explain how to do this will go out next week.

Go to dataset settings, add tickers separated by commas and refresh the dataset.

Teddyb_0-1622185547541.png

Let me know if we got it to work 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
Teddyb
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous - good news! I just finished updating the template app and published it to allow input of tickers using dataset parameters. After refresh you will then see: "Custom tickers":

Teddyb_0-1622139678519.png

Just downloaded this and the refreshes are failing with the error below (most likely just the Ticker needs updating from FB to META):

Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://api.tiingo.com/tiingo/daily/FB' (404): Not Found

Can it be updated, or the end users given access to update ourselves?

Thanks!

Same issue. Looks like I stumbled on this app at the wrong time. Hope that it gets updated.

Hello @Teddyb, I started looking at this report and great job! I wanted to do something similiar and I am trying to understanding how you are able to make those parameter input works to pull the stock data from tiingo. My report is able to pull all the details, but it only works for one stock at a time :(. Not sure if you're able to share any resources?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the extra effort on this. I am just afraid that something is not working yet since I do not manage to see the Custom tickers even if I have delete and reinstall the app. Can you kindly check the release?

Did you add your own tickers to dataset parameters? It only shows up if you added a ticker which is not included. The documentation to explain how to do this will go out next week.

Go to dataset settings, add tickers separated by commas and refresh the dataset.

Teddyb_0-1622185547541.png

Let me know if we got it to work 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works! thanks. I will be playing with it.

Teddyb
Employee
Employee

I am afraid there is no way to update the stocks list beond the popular ones which are out-of-the-box. Vote in ideas if you are missing this feature, please.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

The Parameters may solve this problem. You can refer the Parameters part in this official document about Define the properties of the template app.

If you still have question, please don't hesitate to let me known.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors