Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chris_swales

publish to web - check limitations?

Hi folks

I have a data model in Power Bi desktop which i have used to create Reports that i have successfully published to the web, using the embed code. A few additional queries and pages later and that function no longer works (and the Publish to web option is no longer available within the Report). I am guessing that i have hit one of the known limitations (unknowingly) so my question is:

what is the best way to check what the problem limitation is?

I have already:

- cut down the Report into smaller component parts and re-tested (the newest additional queries work on their own, but the original, smaller report with the original queries still does not work!)

- i have removed the new trial R visuals

- i don't believe i have RLS set up (no users, permissions etc)

- queries are links to Excel tables, or Power Query code (both of which worked originally)

Not sure what else i can check, or if any of the above may still be inadvertently causing a problem?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EvertonPessoa
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Chris_swales,

Generally, the publish to web option disappears when you use a pro feature in the free version (although there is no more power BI free service).

In power BI Desktop go to the modeling tab, click on the Manage functions item and see if there is no function created even if blank, a function there will cause the web publishing to disappear.

func_bi.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EvertonPessoa
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Chris_swales,

Generally, the publish to web option disappears when you use a pro feature in the free version (although there is no more power BI free service).

In power BI Desktop go to the modeling tab, click on the Manage functions item and see if there is no function created even if blank, a function there will cause the web publishing to disappear.

func_bi.png

Thanks EvertonPessoa

You are my PowerBI hero 🙂

They are Roles, not Functions, in English rather than Portuguese ... but i did indeed have a sneaky blank one that looked like a default setting, which i have now removed, and it works again fine!

Obrigado meu amigo

Chris

Excellent!

Sorry for my difficulty with your language.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors