Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mikebi
Helper III
Helper III

options for PowerBI Service writeback to on-premise sql server

Hello,

I have a requirement to create a simple writeback where the users can enter an adjustment amount as a number and a comment. 

The table will be stored in SQL Server.  

They would like an interface like excel for bulk entry.

What are some of the good options for Power BI Service with on-premise SQL Server.

Thank You,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mikebi .
I feel multiple records should also be possible. You will have to device the PowerApp in correct way to do so. I'll suggest you to put your multi-row ask in the PowerApp community where experts will provide an apt solution 🙂

All you have to do then is embed into Power BI !

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SaiTejaTalasila
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

I have seen people using power on .But you need to spend additional cost for using power on.

Writeback to Tabluar with both Import mode and Direct query is fully support with Visual Planning from Power ON. Thers is a great video here to get you started. http://poweronbi.com/powerbi-visual-planning/

You can also load data from Power BI to SQL with their solutions: http://poweronbi.com/2017/06/power-update-from-power-bi-desktop-to-sql-server

Power ON also has a Table Editor that lets you edit SQL Tables in Power BI Service directly. http://poweronbi.com/visual-table-editor/

Contact info is feedback@poweronbi.com

Visual Planner turns Power BI into a fully fledged Goal Seek and Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting solution.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

@mikebi .
Power BI is a read only tool and hence no write-back is possible in Power BI directly. You will have to use a PowerApp and integrate it into your Power BI report.

Just search for "PowerApp writeback to SQL Server" over google or youtube and you will get many video tutorials for it. Once created, you just have to use the below visual option in Power BI report to embed that app into your report.

Anand24_0-1715977818429.png

Hello, 

Thank You.

It looks like this is limited to one record at a time.

Is there a solution that allows for multiple records?

Thank You,

Michael

@mikebi .
I feel multiple records should also be possible. You will have to device the PowerApp in correct way to do so. I'll suggest you to put your multi-row ask in the PowerApp community where experts will provide an apt solution 🙂

All you have to do then is embed into Power BI !

Hope this helps 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors