Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Khbrown
Regular Visitor

matrix drill down not working

I have the preview matrix visualization that drills down fine in the desktop, but not in the service...others works just fine...are there any data limitations on the service????

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same happen to me.

Do you have any solution for this problem?

Thanks.

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Khbrown,

Your issue has been resolved? If it has been, it's appreciated to share your workaround. Orplease mark the corresponding reply as answer. More people will benefit from it.

Thanks,
Angelia

Drill down work fine on the desktop version it's not available on the published version. When I right click on the published version I only have the option of "see records or show data". Please help as this function is critical to my desktop.

Thank you,

Patrick

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Khbrown,

As I tested, I create preview matrix visualization in Power Bi desktop, and publish it to service, it still drills down fine. Please see the following screenshot.

1.PNG

Did you do any other operations? Please remove it in Power BI service again, and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Yes I have drill downs that work on some reports, but not on others...What I was wondering is if there are row or column drill down limits.  This matrix has drill down both on the columns and on the rows...it was working at one time...but now only works in desktop, not the service...

Hi @Khbrown,

From the official document, there are a few limitations and considerations to keep in mind. They are applied to your actual report?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Where do I see the official document?

Hi @Khbrown,

When you click the wrod, you will turn into the website. I post it here again. The link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-matrix-visual/

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors