Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

db042190
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

is there a web site with changing stock prices that would connect nicely to pbi?

is there a web site with changing stock prices that would connect nicely to pbi?   i want to play with my new found knowledge of pbi by connecting to a wrb based data source with that kind of data.  perhaps building in a refresh to get a richer experience.

i suppose wityhout somethink like power automate, there is no way i can see the data chyanging more frequently than 48 times a day?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @db042190 ,

1. For stock price api, please refer this document, it provide 5 types api to use: Best 5 free stock market APIs in 2020 | by Shen Huang | Towards Data Science

2. You could try to refresh dataset by Rest API in Premium capacity.

For Premium capacities, the maximum requests per day is only limited by the available resources in the capacity. If available resources are overloaded, refreshes are throttled until the load is reduced. The refresh will fail if throttling exceeds 1 hour.

For more details, you can read related document: Datasets - Refresh Dataset In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

db042190
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident
4 REPLIES 4
db042190
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @db042190 ,

1. For stock price api, please refer this document, it provide 5 types api to use: Best 5 free stock market APIs in 2020 | by Shen Huang | Towards Data Science

2. You could try to refresh dataset by Rest API in Premium capacity.

For Premium capacities, the maximum requests per day is only limited by the available resources in the capacity. If available resources are overloaded, refreshes are throttled until the load is reduced. The refresh will fail if throttling exceeds 1 hour.

For more details, you can read related document: Datasets - Refresh Dataset In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thx v-binbinyu.  if i'm not mistaken, the paths you have listed require passing a ticker symbol on each call.  i'm more interested in just getting the full list from the major exchanges at eod every day.   what do you think?  i should also mention that i just completed a chat with an iex rep and the $9 thing mentioned is no longer available.  the lowest priced item that i could have used is $200 per mo and its called a data bundle.  they have something for $20 per month but it involves what they call an investors exchange and i dont think that has stocks from nyse and nasdaq like msft etc.  not sure though what that investors exchange is and i'm pretty sure thats what the IEX stands for.

db042190
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

these guys seem to be trying to answer the same question but its very confusing and self serving.  between trying to sell their own courses and tangential information about excel, the poor poster's question seems to get lost in the discussion.  i'm surprised the post was marked as answered.  i went thru some of the links and am guessing its all  geared more toward SPECIFIC symbols, not a generic list of all symbols and their current price info.  thats too bad because such a data source would serve as a great training ground for pbi newbies.  i may try from the desktop to simply connect to yahoo finance and see if a relevant table shows up, one you dont have to pay for.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Importing-Stock-Data-into-Power-BI-recomendation/t... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors