Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

incorporate reports into a website or portal

Hello,
I have created reports in Power BI. Now, I want to incorporate these reports into a website or portal so that clients can visualize them. Before this step, I need to share the reports with my clients. I want to know if I need to have a subscription, and if my clients also need to have a subscription.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you again. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi   @SoukainaELMIRI 

For your first question, I think you can go to the File menu and select Embed Report > Website or Portal.

If you want to know more, you can check out this document:

Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vzhengdxumsft_3-1717651468497.png

For your second question, I think you can assign roles to your customers. This document can help you better understand:

Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vzhengdxumsft_4-1717651520418.png

Of course, it is also possible if you share your report with your customers:

Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vzhengdxumsft_5-1717651557478.png

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-zhengdxu-msft  and @lbendlin  Thank you so much for your response. I just want to know if assigning roles to my customers requires a Power BI Pro license? 

Absolutely.  But the question is not if but which one.  Please read about  "app owns data" vs "user owns data" , and then determine which of the EM SKUs (or Fabric) are suitable for your scope. 

Thank you again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.