Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iamgg

if/where does Power BI copilot stores data?

when we use power bi copilot to create reports, does the data gets passed/stored to Azure Open AI ? if yes, is there any possibility to create a private environement in Azure Open AI, so that data is not accessible/visible to Microsoft or others?

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @iamgg ,

Based on the learning, when a user interacts with Microsoft Copilot, the stored data includes the user‘s prompt and Copilot response.

vjiewumsft_0-1713511863980.png

Besides, Microsoft Copilot for Microsoft 365 presents only data that each individual can access using the same underlying controls for data access used in other Microsoft 365 services.

vjiewumsft_1-1713511880159.png

You can also view the following documents to learn more about Microsoft’s privacy policy.

Data, Privacy, and Security for Microsoft Copilot for Microsoft 365 | Microsoft Learn

Privacy – Microsoft privacy

Data retention, deletion, and destruction in Microsoft 365 - Microsoft Service Assurance | Microsoft...

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hello! Copilot does not store data externally or share it with third parties. This article explains in detail: FAQ for Copilot data security and privacy for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform - Power Platform | Mic...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi audreygerred, Thanks for replying,

"Microsoft AI models are not trained on and don't learn from your tenant data or your prompts, unless your tenant admin has opted in to sharing data with us."

I read this while going throught the article that you shared, now the question if I as admin don't opt to share the data with Mictosoft, then what data is visible to Microsoft, because i also read that Microsoft does monitor our data for abuse and there is a 30 days data retenition period.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors