Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hariram2
Helper I
Helper I

how to fetch azure devops team capacity into power bi report

Hi Team,

How to get azure devops team capacity into power bi report.

Below is the example

hariram2_0-1671436003087.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hariram2 ,

I have found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Azure DevOps Sprint Capacity data through Rest API... - Microsoft Power BI Community

share my learning curve and solution approach with you that has worked. 

Learning Curve:

1. I tried the same DevOps REST API in POWERBI via "Web" data source but authentication some how got me stuck. Not saying that there might not be a way, it just didnt work for me so I went outside of POWERBI. 
  2. Tried the REST API via Postman and tried two API with GET verb. I had used basic authentication with a full access PAT to test out the data. 
  3. Once REST services were tested and I got the confidence, instead of pulling this data via POWERBI, I opted for Power Automate (Flow) as my pseudo ETL approach. 
  4. Built a single Cloud flow with schedule (occurrence) and then made first attempt for Iteration ID list and using that calling capacity for each. 
  5. There is a "Move" step that I added prior to "Create" just because i thought of placing old files into archive in case I need them. This only works if you have a file in the destination to pick and move, so ran the flow with only create and then added move step - didn't wanted to spend more time cleaning it up . 
  6. Placed these JSON files in SharePoint from where I will consume it in POWERBI and parse it into a table structure.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hariram2 ,

I have found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Azure DevOps Sprint Capacity data through Rest API... - Microsoft Power BI Community

share my learning curve and solution approach with you that has worked. 

Learning Curve:

1. I tried the same DevOps REST API in POWERBI via "Web" data source but authentication some how got me stuck. Not saying that there might not be a way, it just didnt work for me so I went outside of POWERBI. 
  2. Tried the REST API via Postman and tried two API with GET verb. I had used basic authentication with a full access PAT to test out the data. 
  3. Once REST services were tested and I got the confidence, instead of pulling this data via POWERBI, I opted for Power Automate (Flow) as my pseudo ETL approach. 
  4. Built a single Cloud flow with schedule (occurrence) and then made first attempt for Iteration ID list and using that calling capacity for each. 
  5. There is a "Move" step that I added prior to "Create" just because i thought of placing old files into archive in case I need them. This only works if you have a file in the destination to pick and move, so ran the flow with only create and then added move step - didn't wanted to spend more time cleaning it up . 
  6. Placed these JSON files in SharePoint from where I will consume it in POWERBI and parse it into a table structure.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors