Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

db042190
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

high level question in regards to embedded

hi gilbert was kind enough to inform us about web pages and pbi at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/pbi-vs-ssrs-in-creating-visuals-for-a-web-page/m-p...    .   before we commit to one path or another (pbi vs ssrs and rdlc's etc) and read tons of documentation can the community respond to this...?

i think the developer (maybe workspace?) needs a license (maybe allocation?) if building with/using embedded. I think higher than pro. but what about the users who consume the page?  there are about 50.  do they each need a license? arent they really using a workspace whose allocation allows embedded and we pay for that ws?   do we have to add them under some role to the workspace? and pay for each one of them?

6 REPLIES 6
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @db042190 ,

If you are using Power BI Premium, you do not need to assign a license to each user.

If you are using Power BI Pro or PPU, each user who uses the content requires a license.

For more details please see:

Embed content in your Power BI embedded analytics application for your organization - Power BI | Mic...

Embed content in your Power BI embedded analytics application - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

appreciated Yang, so when you say "when you are using PBI Premium"   i think that is an allocation on the workspace not necessarily for the developer and all the other workspaces.  Am I correct?    If yes, what is a ballpark cost for a ws that is allocated premium?  I'm sure ther are different factors but can you dumb it down a little for us?  

Hi @db042190 ,

Yes, Premium here refers to workspace.

For more information about Premium check out:

What is Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

For pricing, you can refer to this document:

Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

thx Yang, sometimes people need a little clarity when diving into something you already understand.  below are 2 images from your link.  the first clearly deals with free and pro.  how can the 2nd possibly answer someone who wants to understand at a high level but wants a little clarity before diving in?  is FABRIC referencing the overall fabric product or just pbi?  and how do i make conclusions about premium on a workspace when all i see is "per capacity skus", "reservation skus" and "pay as you go skus"?  can someone in the community simply get us started on understanding if these are the paths to getting premium on A WORKSPACE and what these 3 terms mean?    Is it possibly for multiple workspaces as those are large numbers for 50 users?  I think there is an obvious question too.  You or one of your peers said our options for embedded were either prem per user of prem which you defined as on the workspace.  But if we go per user and not prem on the ws where embedded is supposed to happen how can we develop an embedded page?  very confusing.  

probpro.png

thisiswhereigetlost.png

Hi @db042190 ,

Fabric refers to the overall fabric product.

Per Capacity SKUs: This refers to the pricing model where you pay based on the capacity needed for your organization's workloads.

Reservation SKUs: This is a pricing model where you commit to a certain amount of capacity for a period of time.

Pay As You Go SKUs: This model allows you to pay for only what you use without any upfront commitment.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

thx Yang.  i dont seem to be getting answers.  Can the community pls tell us if we pay prem per user, is the developer just using his prem license to develop whatever in a ws designated for embedded intelligence/visuals?  or are we also paying one of these 3 large $ figures for the ws to be allocated premium no matter what?  And we think we know what fabric is but are each of the larger figures also buying us fabric?  What if we dont want fabric , just embedded?  Is there such a thing and is that less costly?  I'm asking these questions as clearly as possible but dont really seem to be making progress.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors