Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dd96
Frequent Visitor

getting SKU size error while refreshing dataset

Hello all, 

I am trying to create one dataset which gets large amount of data on daily basis.

The dataset is fed by 10 tables and all 10 tables gets huge amount of data on daily basis , thats why incrmetal refresh is configured on daily basis. Datasource is one SQL on-prem server. 

I have created partition and configured incremental refresh. It is working fine when the size of dataset is small but when its bigger, I am able to publish dataset to Power BI service but getting following error. 

I would like to mention that I am using premium per capacity license. 

dd96_0-1673140049939.png

what I want to achieve ? - I would like to create a report with 'table' visual. 

I am looking for a workaround to this situation. 

is it possible to create one power bi report using multiple datasets ? - I think the answer is NO, otherwise I can create 10 different datasets for each table. 

Is it possible to create one report from multiple reports ? - If yes then I can create individual report for each 10 tables and combine into one. 

Is it possible to create Power BI report from different datasets created in different workspace ? 

Please provide your valuable suggestions here. I am really confused. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dd96 

Accroading the error message, your data storage has exceeded the maximum storage capacity of the SKU, and the corresponding different SKUs in Premium have corresponding data storage limits.you can refer to the following link to know about the SKU storage.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-capacity#sku-memory-and-compu...

and the questions you have asked, you can refer to the following reference:

Is it possible to create one report from multiple reports ?

Maybe you can create a app, then add the multiple reports to the apps(the reports are in the same workspace), you can refer to the following link:

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Is it possible to create Power BI report from different datasets created in different workspace ? 

If you have the build permission of the dateset you can create a report based on the dataset from different workspace, you can refer to the following link:

Create reports based on datasets from different workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dd96 

Accroading the error message, your data storage has exceeded the maximum storage capacity of the SKU, and the corresponding different SKUs in Premium have corresponding data storage limits.you can refer to the following link to know about the SKU storage.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-capacity#sku-memory-and-compu...

and the questions you have asked, you can refer to the following reference:

Is it possible to create one report from multiple reports ?

Maybe you can create a app, then add the multiple reports to the apps(the reports are in the same workspace), you can refer to the following link:

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you have the build permission of the dateset you can create a report based on the dataset from different workspace, you can refer to the following link:

Create reports based on datasets from different workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors