Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

user9810

date hierarchy as x-axis

Hi all,

After updating Power BI to the latest version, my date x-axis in the Power BI app turns into ungrouped which result my line chart to turn into dotted instead of continuous line chart. This happened when i add variables into the legend of the chart. It turns into line chart when I remove the variable from legend field in the Power BI app. However, the line chart works fine in my Power BI desktop although I add variable in the legend field. May I know how to make the chart to have date hierarchy as x-axis(as in 2nd picture) with legend added in it on Power BI apps?

Attached below is the ungrouped and grouped date as x-axis.

user9810_0-1663056410649.png

user9810_1-1663056428822.png

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

beauxis
Advocate I
Advocate I

I think there new functionalities on charts of september broke the behaviour of simple charts. Hope they will fix this.

IanC3

I've a similar issue. A chart with a continuous x-axis. On applying a legend value the new version turns this into what was categorical (there's no option to change this now) leaving a host of values off the page available visibly only by sliding across. The visible period makes the chart unusable as a comparative visual and I've a host of charts the same tracking 2/3 items over time meaning the update has made the whole report pretty useless. Can we get the continuous/categorical functionality back please? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have the same issue. I hope microsoft sees this as a bug that will affect many reports directly has been introduced. For a costly product this is a real shame if it does not get resolved quickly. The issue I'm having is also with the visuals breaking once a legend is added, and many of my views critically rely on this.

beauxis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

I made a similar post few minutes ago : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Hierarchy-in-Power-BI-Service-is-broken/m-p/2763657#M172648

I have the same issue, since yesterday.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors