Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nourwag
Helper I
Helper I

cube to power bi : error data source upn mapping user

how i can find my address upn for connecting cube to power bi pro because I find this errorCapture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

@Nourwag This looks like the error you get when row level security is implemented. Either this is in the report or on a live connection to an AS model/cube. Either way, you need permission to see it. Your UPN is typically your email address.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer @snagaboina how can i find my adress upn ??

@Nourwag Open a command prompt and type in -> 

whoami /upn

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I am facing an issue around the same thing. In my case User already has access to the cube. But username() function not displaying the login user email address. Instead display the account used for connecting to Analysis service cube. I am using live connection for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors