Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Krishna09
Helper III
Helper III

couldn't load the data for this visual. power bi dashboard embedded in power apps

Hello all,

I have embeded dashboard report to power apps (tileURL). it can be accessed succesfully. but when I scroll down to load the data. I have below error. there are choices fields as well in dataverse. I am using dataverse as data source. I do not understand error properly. Can any one please help me how to solve this and understand this error?

Thank you 

Krishna09_0-1682495254641.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

I found the solution. this error was because of calculated columns in my datasource. i converted all to text. it solved the error.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

when I asked "are you joining 2 tables?" you replied "yes".

anyway, so the root cause in somewherelse.

maybe you're trying to convert some columns to int even if they're not convertible.

easiest way to find the problem is to access Dataverse directly with SSMS or Azure Data Studio to look at the data.

maybe in power query you could try to use "Replace Errors" for all the int columns replacing the content to a specific value that you can recognize later in order to find wrong lines.

Hello,

I found the solution. this error was because of calculated columns in my datasource. i converted all to text. it solved the error.

Sorry @R1k91 , I have misunderstood. Thank you for you time. I tried to to replace errors with "NA123" it didnot work. How to check errors in SSMS?

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

the problem is in dataverse not in power query.

you'll probably have different types.

if your join is like this

TableA.column1= TableB.column1

column1 must be varchar in both tables and it seems they're not in your case.

I am not joining any tables. I have three tables in dataverse. I am directly shows these three tables in three individual pages in table visual.

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

where did you check the data type?

dataverse or power query?

I checked in Power query

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I expect Power Apps to page data therefore you're seeing the error just because only few rows in your dataset have this problem. when you scroll you retrive new data from the server and you catch rows with errors.

check if you have different data types for the joining columns. 

Hello @R1k91 , I rechecked with the type of all columns, all fields have been assigned with respective types. But among many rows how can I find error? 

As I am using directquery (not import) i could not verify all of them in the power query

Krishna09
Helper III
Helper III

yes , the tables are in dataverse with choices columns as well. I could see the data but only few rows are visible. after some records, it shows this error. but when I apply filter it to limited date its shows fine. Is that converstion error because of huge data? the table have around 2lakh rows.

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

are you joining 2 dataverse tables?

it seems a convertion error while doing a join

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors