Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arunaramana
Helper III
Helper III

couldn't get data from data-source in power-bi report-builder dataset

Hello There,

I started practicing Power BI report builder recently using microsoft official tutorial; in the tutorial, as initial steps, I created data source, then created dataset, tested the connection, which worked as intended till this step. Then, in Design a query window, as I selected facts in the fact table, and a field from a dimension table, I noticed couple of things:

1. data /values are not populated under Aggregate

2. I ran the query to expecting the values will be evaluated, the tool generated following error:

arunaramana_0-1631739185085.png

the above steps were perform using 'create table wizard' on 'azure sql database'. However, I tried with a on-premise sql server database using 'create table wizard' and encountered similar problem.

Would anyone please help me understand the scenario?  Thank you for giving your valuable time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arunaramana ,

According to the error message, the fileds you selected have no value, please fill this fileds and try again.

If I have not understood your needs correctly, please do not hesitate to inform me.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arunaramana ,

According to the error message, the fileds you selected have no value, please fill this fileds and try again.

If I have not understood your needs correctly, please do not hesitate to inform me.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @arunaramana 

From the error message it is saying that the column name SalesOrderLineNumber has no values. Can you try another column?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors