Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KarthikMohan
Regular Visitor

change of country flag based on selection of country

Hi, 

i m new to power bi, i have some around 20 countries in the selection. if i selectin USA country, USA flag to be displayed , if i select UK,  country, UK flag to be displayed on the top of my visualization . same for other countries. that is based on country selection, flag needs to be changed?

Is there any way to do that. Thanks.!!!

Regards,

Karthik Mohan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You could check out the Image Viewer custom visual. The description mentions using a slicer to determine which image is displayed. However, it's based on your image having a url, so you might have to arrange that for your data. There are several places online that you could probably use to pull your flag images, such as flags.NationMaster.com.

View solution in original post

@KarthikMohan if you're able to find url for all countries flags images online then you can use Image Viewer custom visual.

What you need to do is in your dataset against each country specify url to that countries flag image online. Make sure data category for the column is Image URL. Then simply use Image Viewer custom visual with the url field from dataset. When selection is made on slicer Image Viewer will be filtered with that country's flag image.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KarthikMohan
Regular Visitor

Hi,

i m new to power bi, i have some around 20 countries in the selection. if i selectin USA country, USA flag to be displayed , if i select UK, country, UK flag to be displayed on the top of my visualization . same for other countries. that is based on country selection, flag needs to be changed?

Is there any way to do that. Thanks.!!!

Regards,
Karthik Mohan

@KarthikMohan if you're able to find url for all countries flags images online then you can use Image Viewer custom visual.

What you need to do is in your dataset against each country specify url to that countries flag image online. Make sure data category for the column is Image URL. Then simply use Image Viewer custom visual with the url field from dataset. When selection is made on slicer Image Viewer will be filtered with that country's flag image.

KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You could check out the Image Viewer custom visual. The description mentions using a slicer to determine which image is displayed. However, it's based on your image having a url, so you might have to arrange that for your data. There are several places online that you could probably use to pull your flag images, such as flags.NationMaster.com.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors