Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CK1992
Helper II
Helper II

can not create folders

Hi team,

I am trying to create folders in my working space and I face the below error.

can't create folders in template app workspace. Choose another workspace and try again.

CK1992_0-1713348518801.png

How can I make my working space not be a template app workspace or how can I create folders?

Thanks,

CK

3 REPLIES 3
johnbasha33
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@CK1992 

It seems like you're encountering an issue where you're unable to create folders in a template app workspace in Power BI. Template app workspaces have certain restrictions, and creating folders directly within them might not be allowed.

To resolve this issue, you have a few options:

1. **Use a Non-Template App Workspace**: If possible, switch to a non-template app workspace to create folders. You can create a new workspace or use an existing one that is not associated with a template app.

2. **Modify Workspace Settings**: If you are the owner or admin of the template app workspace, you may be able to modify its settings to allow folder creation. Check the workspace settings in Power BI to see if there are any restrictions or limitations related to folder creation that can be adjusted.

3. **Use Power BI Desktop**: Alternatively, you can organize your content using folders within Power BI Desktop before publishing the report to Power BI Service. This allows you to structure your content locally and then publish it to any workspace, including template app workspaces.

4. **Contact Support**: If you're unable to resolve the issue on your own, consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance. They can provide guidance on how to proceed and may be able to help troubleshoot the issue.

By following these steps, you should be able to address the issue and create folders in your working space in Power BI.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CK1992 ,

A template app workspace is the source of an active distributed template app. To protect the template app users, it's not possible to delete a template app workspace without first removing all the created app versions in the workspace.So it is recommended to create a new workspace to create the folder you need

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Scott,

If i delete the apps then i am able to create folders?
If yes, do you know how I can delete the apps?

Thanks,

CK

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors