Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eddydm
Advocate II
Advocate II

can another user have the permission to update a dashboard in my workspace

I have develloped some power-bi-reports and published them into my workspace and shared them with a number of persons (to test it). One of my colleques will help me with the maintenance of those reports. He has access to the 'master'-files of the desktop-version, desktop installed on his workstation, acces to web-version, acces to the published reports and the dashboards.

How can I give him the rights to update the published version from his workstation using his login-name?

An alternative way is to give me the updated-master-files and that i do it from my workstation using my login-name, but that is not possible when i'm not in the office.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@eddydm If you're talking about letting your colleague publish from desktop to your workspace then that is not possible (unless you give your username and pwd to him which I dont think you dont want to do).

So typically in these type of scenarious you use Group Workspace and make yourself and your colleague both admin of that group. Then either he / yourself can publish to group workspace whenver needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@eddydm

The second solution provided by ankitpatira should be a good choice. You only need to provide the ‘master’ file to your colleague and he/she can publish and replace the existing dashboard in Group Workspaces with Admin permission.

Best Regards,

Herbert

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@eddydm If you're talking about letting your colleague publish from desktop to your workspace then that is not possible (unless you give your username and pwd to him which I dont think you dont want to do).

So typically in these type of scenarious you use Group Workspace and make yourself and your colleague both admin of that group. Then either he / yourself can publish to group workspace whenver needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors