Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HBMIRA
Frequent Visitor

You don't have permission to export underlying data

Hello,

I am trying to enable Export Underlying data for my end users. My end users only have access to export Summarized Data. Exporting Underlying Data is enabled for the user that owns the report and dataset (Dataset and reports were published using their account) but not for End Users. I was able to get this working in May (My forum post for that is below). Today I was notified this feature is now disabled and I cannot get this feature re-enabled. I do not know when this feature stopped working... only that I successfully had it enabled May 6th and it is no longer enabled on June 4th. I've tried republishing the dataset and that isn't reenabling the feature.

End user cannot export underlying data

end user.png

Report/Dataset Owner can export underlying data.

report owner.png

Desktop Setting

I have the setting to enable this correctly marked in Desktop. I redownloaded the pbix and checked that this checkbox was already checked.

d.png

Service Report Setting

I have the setting in service set per report to enable this.

service.png

Service Dataset Setting

I have everyone set to have build on the dataset.

service 2.png

Service Tenant Setting

Export Data and Export to Excel enabled for everyone

service4.png

Here is my old ticket where I was able to fix the problem in May. I ran through everything from this and was not able to reenable the feature.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/You-don-t-have-permission-to-export-underlying-data/m-p/107...

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HBMIRA
Frequent Visitor

I was able to fix the issue.

I toggled the report setting on/off (Changed from "Summarized and Underlying Data" to "None" then back and then republished the content data pack. The issue likely was with the content data pack not being updated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HBMIRA
Frequent Visitor

I was able to fix the issue.

I toggled the report setting on/off (Changed from "Summarized and Underlying Data" to "None" then back and then republished the content data pack. The issue likely was with the content data pack not being updated.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What happens in the report if you click the "Reset to Default"

Does that fix the issue?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors