Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

jochenj
Advocate II
Advocate II

XMLA Endpoint and User Licences (PRO/PPU) needs

Situation:
Fabric Workspace with assigned F64 sku, Warehouse+Semantic Model. 3rd Party OLAP Clients (XLCubed) wants to connect to the XMLA Endpoint of the semantic model. 

Question: Can all Users with 3rd Party OLAP Clients (i.e. XLCubed) connect to the XMLA Endpoint without additional User Licence (Pro/PPU) or do we need in this Scenario a PBI Pro and/or PBI PPU Licence for accessing? Is there a differnce between P1/F64? Documentation for me here is unclear and one could assume that with P1 no PRO is leended but with F64 each user needs PPU? I know that i can publish reports as workspace app and in that scenario there is with F64/P1 no need for user (pro/ppu) licence. but the question here is regarding the XMLA endpoint (which should also be relevant if a user connects via "analyse in excel"?!)

1 REPLY 1
Powerbi_Jockey
Frequent Visitor

Regarding the differences between P1 and F64, P1 typically refers to the Power BI Premium subscription tier, while F64 might refer to a specific SKU or capacity size within the Premium tier. The specific licensing requirements and feature availability can depend on the SKU, capacity size, and Microsoft's licensing terms.

Given the complexity and potential changes in licensing terms, it's advisable to review the most current documentation from Microsoft or consult with a Microsoft representative to understand the licensing requirements for your specific scenario accurately. They can provide guidance tailored to your organization's needs and subscription details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors