Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tagoreb
Frequent Visitor

Workspace members are not able to create alerts in Power BI Service

Hello

In PowerBI service, workspace members are not able to create alerts on numeric cards.
We are using member setting "Members can only View PowerBI content" to provide read-only access to the end-users to avoid any modifications to the dashboard. It appears that this setting is not allowing users to create alerts. Error: "Couldn't create alert, Please try again".
When I change this member setting to "Member can edit Power BI content", users are able to create alerts. But at the same time they are able to edit the report & dashboard.

Is this the Power BI limitation not to allow the members to create alerts who have only view access?  

Is there a way that this can be addressed?  Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

1 REPLY 1
cosborn1231
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi Tagoreb,

Yes, I have also found that there are some limitations for users in the group that are not made admins. I confirm this is one of them.

I would suggest you save your Power BI .pbix file in the files section within your Power BI Group for back ups or reposting in case someone deletes or edits something.

Hope that helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors