Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ctmullins
Frequent Visitor

Workspace hierarchy (nested workspaces)?

Hi all,

I'm currently frustrated at the lack of organizational flexibility with the current Power BI Service Workspace functionality.

I would dearly love to create a broad top-level workspace ("Finance"), and then create multiple sub-workspaces within it ("Purchasing", "Accounting", "Billing").  It would make a whole ton of sense for the hierarchy to propagate permissions to children, in the same way that Windows folder permissions have worked for decades now.

Why is this not a thing yet?

2 REPLIES 2
ctmullins
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @Migasuke - I have upvoted that idea.

Any other input, perhaps from someone within Microsoft who might have some definitive information?  I really can't believe that this wasn't baked into the product from the get-go....

Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hey @ctmullins ,

This is a good idea and I am sure the PBI dev team will come up with something like this sooner or later.
If you want to speed up the process you can vote for this idea here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=da1e4e4c-eb11-eb11-8441-501ac524afb0

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors