Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stevehorton
Regular Visitor

Workspace Filter does not stay applied

When I apply a type filter of dataset to my workspace view on PBI service, it does not stay applied.  This is annoying.  I manage my data refreshes from that screen.  Why was this changed?  It is annoying!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stevehorton ,

vrongtiepmsft_0-1684462270675.pngvrongtiepmsft_1-1684462286893.png

Check whether this button is turned on. After testing, if you turn on this button, you cannot save filters in the report.

If it does not help, please provide more details .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
skots
Regular Visitor

This is actually not solved. The OP asked about workspace filters, but the answer provided is for reports. There is no such setting for workspaces (as of 12 June 2023).

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stevehorton ,

vrongtiepmsft_0-1684462270675.pngvrongtiepmsft_1-1684462286893.png

Check whether this button is turned on. After testing, if you turn on this button, you cannot save filters in the report.

If it does not help, please provide more details .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rongtiep-msft ,

Please read carefully the original message.  @stevehorton mentions "Workspace filters".

He is referring to the filters we could apply before June 12th update that would be persistent.

Also, by default, the cursor would be in the filters box, so whenever I would load up the workspace page, I only had to type de words I wanted to filter on.  Now, I have to click the box in order to apply filters by keywords.

FireFighter1017_0-1688560338521.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors