Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Starfox64
Frequent Visitor

Will it be possible in Fabric to make Copilot visible to end users on the Power BI service?

I see from the demos that Copilot will be available to developers. Is that something we will be able to let customers use as well? Will Copilot replace the Q&A visual that was previously available (but not working very well on our service..)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Starfox64 

according to my test and search, Copilot for power BI service has not been released to the public yet. Regarding your question, there is currently no corresponding official document that can be consulted. At present, only corresponding publicity and announcements have been issued. You can pay attention to the Power BI blog. When this function is released, there will be detailed official documentation and some restrictions.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
deanismael
Advocate II
Advocate II

Aside from CoPilot enablement in embedded scenarios, specifically App-Owns-Data, are there other pre-requisites in terms of whether other Fabric technologies are required to support CoPilot? I.e. would CoPilot work on a dataset importing data from an Azure SQL db or will the data need to be in OneLake? I understand information is forthcoming but any inputs at this stage would be useful. Thanks.

Starfox64
Frequent Visitor

I guess my question is more along the lines of whether Copilot will be something that can be enabled in reports that are going into production. So, in a published app, will an end user be able to open up a report and see the Copilot there, to create any visuals that aren't already included, or otherwise answer questions about the data? 

Hi, @Starfox64 

according to my test and search, Copilot for power BI service has not been released to the public yet. Regarding your question, there is currently no corresponding official document that can be consulted. At present, only corresponding publicity and announcements have been issued. You can pay attention to the Power BI blog. When this function is released, there will be detailed official documentation and some restrictions.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

gidziu
Regular Visitor

I don't understand the answer. Is Power BI copilot currently available in the fabric trial or not? MS build claimed that it is available, but I can't find it. Can anyone provide a simple answer?

Hi, @gidziu 

We completely understand the excitement and anticipation surrounding our Power BI Copilot Private Preview program. Indeed, the eagerness of our customers to participate in this novel initiative is a testament to the quality we strive to deliver.

However, we kindly ask for your understanding as the program isn't fully ready to launch at this point. The Private Preview will be designed to ensure the quality and attention to detail that you deserve. At this stage, we are unable to onboard any new customers for Private Preview at this juncture. Once the Private Preview concludes, we will closely analyze its results to determine the subsequent steps.

If you hold a Premier support account, we advise reaching out to your Microsoft Accounts team. They will be able to keep you updated with the program's timelines and let you know if and when we are ready to accept additional customers.

Thank you for your understanding and continued enthusiasm for our upcoming program. We are equally excited and looking forward to launching the Power BI Copilot Private Preview as soon as we can.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Starfox64 

Sure,with Copilot in Power BI, we are infusing the power of large language models into Power BI at every layer to help users get more done and create more value from their data. Using Copilot, you can simply describe the visuals and insights you’re looking for, and Copilot will do the rest. 

The rest of the Copilot in Power BI experiences are now in private preview. Stay tuned to the Power BI blog for the latest updates and public release date for Copilot in Power BI.

You can follow Power BI's blog, which should be available for End User in the near future.

For more information, you can refer to :
Introducing Microsoft Fabric and Copilot in Microsoft Power BI | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft...

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors