Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Will_Rayner
Frequent Visitor

Will Power BI Premium Per User Licence solve my problem publishing report larger than 1024mb?

Hi,

I am the primary Power BI report developer within my organisation. We are a large company, but do not have the numbers required to make upgrading to Power BI Premium across the board cost effective. We all therefore run on Pro Licences.

With a current report that I am developing which consumes some very large data dabes, I am now finding that when I attemp to publish, I get the error that the file size is too large (bigger than 1,024mb). I'm therfore a bit stuck.

Will upgrading me to PPU as an individual within my organisation enable me to publish reports greater than 1,024mb?

Note: I currently have a notificaion in my banner that says I have x no of days remaining of a Premium Per User trial. Does this mean that I should already have any benefits in file size publishing already at my disposal? If so, why am I not able to publish this file size already?

Help needed as I'm getting confused with this!

Many thanks

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4
Will_Rayner
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the response.

Your last point is the key one of my question though, i.e. am I able to be the only one upgraded to PPU for the publishing benefits, and the answer looks to be a definite "NO" in that all potential consumers of the report published would also need PPU capacity too

I am currently in the process of trying to identify areas where I may reduce the dataset size. Fingers crossed I can sneak it back under the threshold!

Regards

Will

All the best!

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi Will,
To utilize dataset that is bigger than 1GB, you will need premium capacity.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-manage-your-data-storage-in-power-bi

If you convert the workspace to PPU (since you have PPU trial), and switch to Large dataset storage, it might work.

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1660834159334.png

But that means all your reports consumers/ other users must have PPU license too. So this isnt really a solution for you.

Best is to reduce the size of your dataset by removing unneeded data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors