Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bridge
Frequent Visitor

Where is the option of sending pdf file in email subscribe

I remember there is an option in subscribing dialogue of sending the email with PDF files. 

Where is it now? 

Bridge_0-1670547410927.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bridge ,

I test it in my Power BI Service Portal, it works well.

Please confirm that your administrator had enable the option named "Export reports as PowerPoint presentations or PDF documents" in Power BI Admin Portal 

vbinbinyumsft_0-1670836228478.png

For send report as pdf file, there are some limitations:

Full report attachment as (for Power BI reports only): If the report is in a workspace backed by a Premium Gen2 capacity or Premium Per User (PPU) license, add the full report as an attachment instead of only a single report page. Select PDF or PowerPoint for the attachment format. The attachment respects all privacy labels for the report. The size of the attachment is limited to no more than 20 pages and less than 25 MB.

For more details, you can read related document: Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bridge ,

I test it in my Power BI Service Portal, it works well.

Please confirm that your administrator had enable the option named "Export reports as PowerPoint presentations or PDF documents" in Power BI Admin Portal 

vbinbinyumsft_0-1670836228478.png

For send report as pdf file, there are some limitations:

Full report attachment as (for Power BI reports only): If the report is in a workspace backed by a Premium Gen2 capacity or Premium Per User (PPU) license, add the full report as an attachment instead of only a single report page. Select PDF or PowerPoint for the attachment format. The attachment respects all privacy labels for the report. The size of the attachment is limited to no more than 20 pages and less than 25 MB.

For more details, you can read related document: Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Bridge
Frequent Visitor

Currently, I can send a snapshot and the link to the report.

But I hope to send a PDF format in the email. 

You can automate the PDF generation and emailing (user-specific, with slicers and filters applied) using BI Helper https://bihelper.tech. You only need one Power BI Pro license and there is no restriction on your users being outside your domain (vendors, clients).

See this tutorial for more details. https://medium.com/bi-helper/automated-distribution-of-power-bi-reports-and-dashboards-25fde6c68af0

Solved: Send a report or dashboard as PDF - Microsoft Power BI Community

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Bridge 

Please check this out Solved: Send a report or dashboard as PDF - Microsoft Power BI Community

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !! PL 300 Certification Series

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors