Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PLangeler
Regular Visitor

When using search in PowerQuery in service (LakeHouse) it does not load items

When using search bar in a Dataflow Gen2 connecting to a LakeHouse the entities or tables are not loaded. If you use navigation it does. Perhaps the search is also applied on tables, why elements are not showing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ,  @PLangeler 

According to your description, when you search the table in LakeHouse in the search box in DataFlow Gen2, the corresponding item is not loaded:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1691116693770.png

I test it in my side , My situation is the same as yours. I have tested some situations. Currently, this search box only supports the data loaded on your interface. The front end only caches the data after your visit. If you just entered this page, you can only search what you can See the item. Therefore, if you want to directly search for a table under a certain lakehouse, you can try to locate and load all the table information under this lakehouse first, and then use the search box to search.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ,  @PLangeler 

According to your description, when you search the table in LakeHouse in the search box in DataFlow Gen2, the corresponding item is not loaded:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1691116693770.png

I test it in my side , My situation is the same as yours. I have tested some situations. Currently, this search box only supports the data loaded on your interface. The front end only caches the data after your visit. If you just entered this page, you can only search what you can See the item. Therefore, if you want to directly search for a table under a certain lakehouse, you can try to locate and load all the table information under this lakehouse first, and then use the search box to search.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors