Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yk98
Frequent Visitor

When is the DataMart feature going to be officially released?

How long until the feature is out of preview & fully launched? Is there a timeline for the same?

6 REPLIES 6
AMD0791
Advocate II
Advocate II

It needs to stay in preview until it's stable.  Both proof-of-concept projects I did with datamarts have blown up.  The last one was very simple.  It still refreshes and works for the report, but I can't edit the datamart.  Which makes it kind of useless and not something that's ready for production.

itd

Any further update when we can anticipate Power BI Datamarts to move from Preview to General Availability?

Hey @itd ,

Nothing official has been stated as to when the GA date will be - to my knowledge.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

geraldcousi
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

Well as far DATMART is in preview, it is not a good thing to use it for production. Is anybody have seen a forecatsed date for general availibility status ? nothing in the Power Platform 2022 Release plan. Regards

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @yk98 ,

I am not sure what you mean as DataMarts are a live functioning released item already.  Here is an article on how how to use datamarts that might be helpful: Introduction to datamarts - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

yk98
Frequent Visitor

Hi @collinq ,

As @geraldcousi said, datamarts are still in preview. When will it be generally available? Specifically looking to create tables from SQL query generated views in datamarts (which is not available).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors