Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Nietzsche
Helper IV
Helper IV

What is Microsoft Fabric (Free)?

Hello, 

I wanted to find if I have Fabric or not so I checked my subscriptions, I have the Microsoft 365 E5, Visio Plan 2, Dynamics 365 Case management Enterprise Edition and Microsoft Fabric (free)

Nietzsche_0-1717187854564.png

So what is the Fabric (Free)? Is it like very limited version of Fabric? It looks like I don't have Fabric products like Data Factory listed here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SaiTejaTalasila
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Nietzsche ,

If you want to use fabric free trail you can use it for 60days.

Thanks,

Sai Teja 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nietzsche ,

I’d like to acknowledge the valuable input provided by the @SaiTejaTalasila. Their initial ideas were instrumental in guiding my approach. However, I noticed that further details were needed to fully understand the issue. 

The Microsoft Fabric Free Licence represents an important offering on data management and analytics, providing users with key features of Microsoft Fabric at no cost.

The Fabric (Preview) trial is available as a public preview for 60 days. To participate in this trial, a Power BI licence is required, which is also available for free. This trial provides full access to all Fabric features and experiences, including up to 1 TB of OneLake storage. Users can create workspaces, share fabric items such as semantic models, repositories and notebooks, and collaborate on analytics solutions.

The Microsoft Fabric Free Licence provides users with a free opportunity to explore the basic features of the platform. It is an ideal starting point for individuals and businesses new to Microsoft Fabric, enabling them to gauge how the platform can enhance their data analytics capabilities. This free licence is a strategic move by Microsoft to familiarise potential users with the platform and may lead to a transition to a full paid subscription as their needs evolve and the value of the platform becomes more apparent.

More detailed information can be found at the link:
What Is the Microsoft Fabric Free License? (p3adaptive.com)
Fabric trial capacity - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SaiTejaTalasila
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Nietzsche ,

If you want to use fabric free trail you can use it for 60days.

Thanks,

Sai Teja 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.