Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Arendp
Helper III
Helper III

Visual that shows images in PDF

The report I am working on needs to show images, also when exporting to PDF.

I know this is possible via the Table visual, but we are limited on the image height and width there (too small):

Arendp_0-1654686260402.png

There are also other (external) visuals that can be used and show images bigger, for example 'Collage by Cloudscope' but these visuals won't let me export to PDF. this is the message I get then;

Arendp_2-1654686502082.png

Arendp_1-1654686410380.png--> this means: the visuals don't support exports

Does anyone have a suggestion for me on how to deal with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arendp,

Width and height are limited by the design. You could regulate the image height by Image height under Grid section of visual Format. But the maximum value is 150. For the improvement of this design, I would suggest you voting for similar ideas in Power BI Ideas. It’s a place where the product group collects suggestions from users to help improve the experience with this product. Here is the link of Power BI Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/search-ideas/?q=image%20size%20%20%20table%20visual.

vcazhengmsft_0-1655100553275.png

Regarding the export to PDF, you can only export the visuals that have been certified. For more details, you could refer to Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

For how to get a visual certified, you may refer to Get your Power BI visuals certified - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Arendp
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks for your answer @v-cazheng-msft , that helped a lot! And I voted for the idea.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arendp,

Width and height are limited by the design. You could regulate the image height by Image height under Grid section of visual Format. But the maximum value is 150. For the improvement of this design, I would suggest you voting for similar ideas in Power BI Ideas. It’s a place where the product group collects suggestions from users to help improve the experience with this product. Here is the link of Power BI Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/search-ideas/?q=image%20size%20%20%20table%20visual.

vcazhengmsft_0-1655100553275.png

Regarding the export to PDF, you can only export the visuals that have been certified. For more details, you could refer to Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

For how to get a visual certified, you may refer to Get your Power BI visuals certified - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors