Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

divyehk

Visual exceeded available resources Error both in Desktop as well as in Embed service also

Hi ,

I have a dataset getting data from Cosmos DB having around 5K rows only. I'm getting this issue when my dataset is reduced and power bi file, when saved with .zip extn shows about 1.4mb data size. But the complexity of DAX formulas are there, when running in Power BI Desktop , Service and in Embedded report in Web App is also having the same issue.

Also, When I run without filters my CPU and memory of the machine gets upto 90% used and after it reaches limit throws the error.

My Embedded capacity is 'A3'.

PowerBI_Resource_Error.JPGIs there any solution to this.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What I would suggest is having a look at your data model and ensure that it is a star schema.

This will allow for easier DAX measures and should not exceed the resources.

As you explained if it is taking a lot of CPU and memory I would then have a look at my data model and DAX to resolve the issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors