Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rhayward2209
Helper I
Helper I

Visual Contains one or more filters with deleted columns, type mismatches or other breaking modeling

Hi All,

I am encounterinf a strange problem, Some dashboards that I've made and been refreshing for a while now seem to have broken. They successfully refresh and I can see them updated and perfectly fine, however whenever someone else in my company tries to access the dashboards through their laptops all the visuals have the error that I have title this post.

I am struggling to find a fix as on my end it all seems to be working. I've looked for hidden filters but can't find any. 

Any tips on where to start looking for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

rhayward2209_0-1612487244028.jpegrhayward2209_1-1612487254619.jpegrhayward2209_2-1612487263553.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@rhayward2209

Can this PBIX file be downloaded?
We recommend that you use Power BI Desktop to connect it and troubleshoot in Power BI Desktop and then republish the Power BI report to Power BI Service.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

needs more details. Are you sharing the workspace, the report, or the app? For example in a Premium environment you need to re-publish the app when you made structural (meta data) changes.

Hi there

I know this is an old thread but I have possibly a similar issue. I have made changes in my desktop version of  report. I added a third table (that links to one of the other two tables) and added a visualization tab using the new table. It looks okay on desktop and the Premium Power BI desktop version of the report shows the other changes after a refresh off of One Drive for business (The other refresh such as scheduled seems to be disabled for me and doesn;t work.)

But the Premium Service version of the report's tab with the new visualization gives me that same error message. (Error message: This visual contains one or more filters with deleted columns, type mismatches, or other breaking modeling changes.)

I can see all three tables in the Premium service version of the report. 

thanks for any help and let me know if I need to post this in a new area much appreciated.

I take that back: the Service version shows the three tables but when i go to look at the new one it gives me an error. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors