Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

achavetman

Values name appear on the legend

Hello,

I have build a report on the Desktop with column chart that has a legend. When I publish to the service, values name take the place of the legend as the original legend disappears from the visual thereby distorting the visual. Initially, I had year in the legend, but when I publish it amount appears on the legend.

I will appreciate any help to resolve this.

On the Desktop, the chart shows correctly,

achavetman_1-1594413829020.png

When published to the Service, the chart is distorted

achavetman_0-1594413732176.png

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only fix that works is when you create the measure in the PBI project file and use it in visualization instead of the one from AS. 

So if you have measure [Sales] in AS just make a new measure in the project file that uses this measure change the format you desire and voila.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Having the same problem here, there are a number of business critical reports that have been in circulation for several months now which use legends, when these are viewed in the pbi desktop the legend is visible but when this is published the legends are breaking.

Similar to the OP the data source for these reports is analysis services, if that helps. 

Cheers,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue on top of the one that is still not resolved where values in services are shown as decimals.

Both problems appear using analysis services.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@achavetman 

My legend appeared properly with my test:

Something you can try:

1. Refresh report page. Publish again and replace the original dataset and report on service.

2. Publish again and replace the original dataset and report on service.

3. On service, edit report check whether there is actually a column in legend section of the chart.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the help. But I have tried all that but no change. When I go to edit the report on the workspace, everything is in its place the way I built it on the Desktop ie the Axis, the Legend and the Values are in the position I placed them on the Desktop. But the visual is not displaying what I have built. For example, instead of displaying year on the Legend it shows Amount which is not correct.

Any help will be appreciated.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is this on Premium?  Did you also update the app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors