Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jmartin0807
Frequent Visitor

Users cannot view visuals with composite model as a data source.

Hi everyone,

I am having issues where some of my users cannot view reports that are using a composite model data set that we set up. 

All of the datasets are in the same premium workspace and I have a pro license. 

The composite data set consists of three PBI data sets, all saved and uploaded from SharePoint. 

I made sure that the users had build permissions for each of the data sets and the composite data set, and I even made them admins in our workspace, but still no luck!

The users that are having issues have a free account (maybe with a free 90-day trial). Some of the people on my team who have a Pro license are able to see the visuals. Also, the free users are able to see visuals in reports that have one of our normal data sets underlying the report.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jmartin0807,

Were you able to resolve this issue, we are currently experiencing the same problem. From the few test we had it is with free users as well.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@jmartin0807 You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors