In Power BI you can disable the option for people to request direct access to a report by configuring the report's access settings. Here are the steps to do this:
- Navigate to the workspace containing the report for which you want to disable direct access requests.
- Click on the "Settings" (gear) icon in the top-right corner of the workspace page, and select "Security" from the menu that appears.
- In the "Security" settings page, click on the "Access" tab.
- Find the user or group for which you want to disable direct access requests and click on the "..." (ellipsis) button to the right of their name.
- In the menu that appears, select "Edit access."
- In the "Edit access" window, you will see an option for "Can request access." To disable direct access requests for this user or group, simply toggle this option to "Off."
- Click "Add" and then "Done" to save your changes.
Once you have disabled direct access requests for the necessary users or groups, they will no longer be able to request access to the report directly. Instead, they will need to follow your organization's specific method for requesting access to the report.
Keep in mind that only users who have been granted "Member" or "Admin" access to the workspace will be able to access the report at all. If a user is not a member of the workspace, they will not be able to see the report or request access to it.
Manage dataset access permissions - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Community Support Team _Charlotte
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.