Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

WATYF
Helper II
Helper II

User can't export underlying data, but only for one report...

I've got a user who can't export underlying data, but only on one report, and other users can export from that same report.

I've checked (and double-checked) and they have Read permissions to two Datasets which each have one Report. On one Dataset/Report, they can export underlying data just fine, but on the other Dataset/Report, the option for underlying data is grayed out.

I checked that both Reports are set to "Allow exporting summarized and underlying data", and I can export underlying data on both Reports. It is only this one user that can only export underlying data on one Report. They can export summarized data on both.

What could possibly be causing this behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I didn't get a chance to try any of the suggested solutions. The user reported that it just up and started working again. Never figured out why.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @WATYF ;

I am very glad to hear that the user problem has been resolved. Would you mind accepting your replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread.  Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @WATYF ;

Is your problem solved?? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.
Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I didn't get a chance to try any of the suggested solutions. The user reported that it just up and started working again. Never figured out why.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @WATYF ;

please recheck the  this two points:

1.make sure the  user have the dataset "build " permission , not dashboard or report permission

vyalanwumsft_0-1636357740097.png

2.make sure  that Power BI admins didn’t disable the  function of "export of data" for  some groups or users.

vyalanwumsft_1-1636357740423.png

Best Regards,

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @WATYF 

What happens if you change the permission from Read to Build for the user, can then they export?

Also what you could do is to remove the user and all their permissions. And then add them back in with the same permissions as the other users and see if that works?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors