Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usage metric report - has only 30 days (not 90)

Hi there.

According to this page https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-usage-metrics usage report data is kept for 90 days. However in my company all usage reports are 30 days. Could you please advise me how to change this setting so I can request our power bi admin to do so?

Best wishes, Michelle

3 REPLIES 3
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

This is by design the new usage metrics (UM) has 30 days, but if you see the toggle on the top right of the report then you can turn that off (this is generally visible when you recently create the UM). In old UM it is 90 days.

But there are blogs and suggestions available to export your 30 days' data and store it in a shared location and append all the data as required and analyze this later. 

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AnkitKukreja thanknyou very much for the reply. I don't have the 60-days option unfortunately. I've tried to google around but haven't been able to find a blog to defence to - do you perhaps have a suggestion?

SqlBobScot
Helper II
Helper II

The number of days is incorrect within the Power BI Service. The report and underlying dataset will only return the last 30 days. This is the same if you use the Power BI restful API. Therefore, only 30 days of activity are stored. I've submitted a feedback request to have this updated.

However, the Office 365 audit logs retain 90 days, including (strangely enough) Power BI activity. Therefore, to access the Office 365 audit logs, your account needs to be granted access, which the Office 365 admin can do. Next, the Office 365 audit logs must be filtered only to return the Power BI activities, which I understand is possible. The Office 365 audit logs would then have to be pulled into Power BI to be displayed, etc.

Why are the Office 365 audit logs not available to Power BI? One of those mysteries which I wish I knew the answer to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors