Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

az111121
Frequent Visitor

Usage Metrics Report for 12 months

Hi All, do we have an option to retrieve the Usage Metrics Report for the last 12 months?  I couldn't find a workaround from the past posts regarding this question, currently this option is limited to 90 days.  Your insights are much appreciated! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @az111121 ,

If your Power BI admin has enabled usage metrics for content creators and has also enabled collecting per-user data in usage metrics, you can access usage metrics with a Power BI pro license and edit rights to the app workspace are required to.

It won't show the usage metrics a long time ago such as 12 months you mentioned.

For "Workspaces": It contains usage metrics for that content for the last 30 days.

For "My workspace": When you select Usage metrics or the icon next to a dashboard or report, Power BI generates a pre-built report with usage metrics for that content for the last 90 days. 

Please refer to the following documents.

Power BI – How to view Usage metrics in Power BI w... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Monitor usage metrics in My workspace - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
az111121
Frequent Visitor

@vanessafvg Thank you for your response.  I have it enabled and could see 3 months report. But couldn't retrieve for 12 months.

v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @az111121 ,

If your Power BI admin has enabled usage metrics for content creators and has also enabled collecting per-user data in usage metrics, you can access usage metrics with a Power BI pro license and edit rights to the app workspace are required to.

It won't show the usage metrics a long time ago such as 12 months you mentioned.

For "Workspaces": It contains usage metrics for that content for the last 30 days.

For "My workspace": When you select Usage metrics or the icon next to a dashboard or report, Power BI generates a pre-built report with usage metrics for that content for the last 90 days. 

Please refer to the following documents.

Power BI – How to view Usage metrics in Power BI w... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Monitor usage metrics in My workspace - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xiaosun-msft Thanks for the leads.  Its unfortunate that getting 12 months data isn't possible. 

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

have you enabled the usage metrics report?   It is an admin function.  And can be enabled as below.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal-audit-usage

here is more info on what this gives you

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-modern-usage-metrics

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

unfortunately it will only give you the last 30 days

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-modern-usage-metrics#about-the-...

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors